- Additional Title(s):
Sharuna (el-Kom el-ahmar Sawaris)
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, beige, wove paper, mounted on, moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 2 1/8 x 10 inches (5.4 x 25.4 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Sharaone. noon. 3.Jany. 1867"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Shadows of Palms & Stems on uneven mounds. Its my light off"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "(45)"; Verso: inscribed in graphite, center right: "67"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | landscape | marine art | palm trees | river | river | sail | sand | water
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Egypt | Nile
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.