- John Bacon Esqr., F. A. S.
- Stipple engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper, laid in mount
- Sheet: 7 7/8 x 4 15/16 inches (20 x 12.5 cm) and Image: 4 7/16 x 3 7/16 inches (11.2 x 8.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "m"
Lettered in black ink, lower center: "LONDON, Published by James Asperne, No. 32, Cornhill 1st. Feby. 1815. | John Bacon Esqr,, F. A. S. | Engraved by T. Blood for the European Magazine, from an original picture | By Russell R. A."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- coat | European Magazine | frill | holding | man | portrait | profile | science | scroll (information artifact) | sculptor
- Associated People:
- Bacon, John (1777–1859), sculptor
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by T. Blood, active 1812–1814, John Bacon Esqr., F. A. S, 1815
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.