Near Nesle Sheikh Hassan, Looking South
- Watercolor, graphite, white gouache, pen and brown ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 2 5/16 x 6 7/8 inches (5.9 x 17.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "4 PM. Jany 3. 1867. near Nesle Sheikh Hassan. (looking North.)."; inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "(54)"; Verso: inscribed in graphite, upper left: "10 up. | next above lowest | right"; inscribed in graphite, upper right: "73"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | landscape | marine art | river | river | sails | water
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Egypt | Nile
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Near Nesle Sheikh Hassan, Looking South, 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.