E. Edwards, Associate and Teacher of Perspective in the Royal Academy
- Stipple engraving and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 15/16 x 9 5/16 inches (30.3 x 23.6 cm), Plate: 10 5/16 x 7 9/16 inches (26.2 x 19.2 cm), and Image: 5 3/16 x 4 inches (13.2 x 10.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "3/ 25a"
Lettered, center left under image: "Ipse Pinxit."; center right under image: "Cardon Sculpsit."; center: "E. EDWARDS, | Associate and Teacher of Perspective | in the | Royal Academy. | Published for the Proprietor as the Act directs 20 April 1808"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- academic robes | artist | book | cloak | cravat | gaze | hair | man | portrait | professor | robe | teacher
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Anthony Cardon, 1772–1813, Flemish, E. Edwards, Associate and Teacher of Perspective in the Royal Academy, 1808
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.