- Charles Fox
- Etching and stipple engraving on moderately thick, smooth, beige wove paper with beige chine collé
- Sheet: 15 9/16 x 10 1/4 inches (39.6 x 26.1 cm), Plate: 9 1/16 x 5 11/16 inches (23 x 14.5 cm), and Image: 5 1/2 x 4 15/16 inches (14 x 12.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on front, lower right: "Charles Fox | the Engraver | drawn from life & etched by Mr. Carpenter"; on back, center: "D proof only"; lower right: "5/ | 25A"
Lettered, center left: "W. Carpenter | 1849"; center: "Charles Fox ~~~"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | coat | cravat | curls | gaze | man | portrait | posing
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Carpenter, 1818–1899, British, Charles Fox, 1849
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.