- Sir Nathaniel Bacon
- ca. 1793
- Etching and stipple engraving on moderately thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 11 15/16 x 9 inches (30.3 x 22.8 cm), Plate: 6 5/8 x 4 15/16 inches (16.8 x 12.6 cm), and Image: 5 7/8 x 4 13/16 inches (15 x 12.2 cm)
Lettered, lower left under image: "Se ipse pinxit."; lower center: "S.R NATHANIEL BACON. | From an Original at the Lord Viscount Grimston's, at Gorhambury. ~"; lower right under image: "T. Chambars sculp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beard | book | coat | collar | costume | embroidery | feather | letter | man | moustache | portrait | robes | ruff | vest
- Associated People:
- Bacon, Sir Nathaniel (1585–1627), painter
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Chambars, ca. 1724–1789, British, Sir Nathaniel Bacon, ca. 1793
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.