Mrs. Beale and her Son Charles
- Etching and line engraing on moderately thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 11 13/16 x 9 inches (30 x 22.8 cm), Plate: 6 3/4 x 5 3/16 inches (17.2 x 13.2 cm), and Image: 5 9/16 x 4 3/4 inches (14.2 x 12 cm)
Lettered below image, lower left: "Mary Beale pinx"; lower center: "MRS. BEALE, & her Son CHARLES."; lower right: "T. Chambars fc."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- collar | curls | family | gaze | long hair | man | mother | moustache | necklace | oval | pearls | portrait | posing | smiling | son | woman
- Associated People:
- Beale (née Cradock), Mary (bap. 1633 - d.1699), portrait painter
Beale, Charles (bap. 1660 - d. 1726?), miniature painter
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Chambars, ca. 1724–1789, British, Mrs. Beale and her Son Charles, 1762
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.