- Etching on moderately thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- 11 11/16 x 9 1/4 inches (29.7 x 23.5 cm), 6 9/16 x 5 1/4 inches (16.7 x 13.4 cm), and 5 9/16 x 4 11/16 inches (14.2 x 11.9 cm)
Lettered, lower left under image: "G. Kneller pinx."; lower center: "GRINLING GIBBONS."; lower right under image: "T. Chambars fc."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | blouse | buttons | cape | cloak | compass (drawing instrument) | figure | gaze | holding | jacket | man | portrait | posing | sculptor | sculpture | tools | wig
- Associated People:
- Gibbons, Grinling (1648–1721), woodcarver and sculptor
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Chambars, ca. 1724–1789, British, Grinling Gibbons, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.