- Etching on moderately thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 11 11/16 x 9 1/4 inches (29.7 x 23.5 cm), Plate: 6 9/16 x 5 1/4 inches (16.7 x 13.4 cm), and Image: 5 9/16 x 4 11/16 inches (14.2 x 11.9 cm)
Lettered, lower left under image: "G. Kneller pinx."; lower center: "GRINLING GIBBONS."; lower right under image: "T. Chambars fc."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | blouse | buttons | cape | cloak | compass (drawing instrument) | figure | jacket | man | portrait | sculptor | sculpture | tools | wig
- Associated People:
- Gibbons, Grinling (1648–1721), woodcarver and sculptor
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Chambars, ca. 1724–1789, British, Grinling Gibbons, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.