Print made by Thomas Cheesman, 1760–1834/35, British, Arthur Devis, undated
- Stipple engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper with beige chine collé
- Sheet: 10 3/16 x 6 13/16 inches (25.9 x 17.3 cm), Plate: 9 x 6 1/2 inches (22.8 x 16.5 cm), and Image: 4 5/16 x 4 5/16 inches (11 x 11 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on front, lower center: "Portrait of W. Devis, painter | [...]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | collar | jacket | man | nose | painter | portrait | profile | ruff
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.