- Sowadi, 8:30 am, 4 January 1867 (65)
- Watercolor with pen and brown ink over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 9/16 x 9 1/4 inches (14.1 x 23.5 cm)
inscribed in brown ink, lower left: "Sowadi. 8.30. Jany. 4. 1867"; in brown ink, lower right: "(65)"; Verso: in graphite, upper left: "13. up. | Top"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beach | boats | landscape | marine art | palm trees | river | sand | sky | water
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Egypt | Nile
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Sowadi, 8:30 am, 4 January 1867 (65), 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.