Opposite Beni Hassan, Looking North
- Additional Title(s):
Opposite Beni Hasan, looking North
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, beige, wove paper, mounted on thick, moderately textured cream paper
- Sheet: 3 3/16 x 10 5/8 inches (8.1 x 27 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: '4.30.PM. Jany.5.1867 | opposite Benihassan looking north. always wagtails"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right; "(78)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | figures (representations) | marine art | river | river | riverbank | sand | sky | water
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Egypt | Nile
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Opposite Beni Hassan, Looking North, 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.