- Stipple engraving and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured beige laid paper
- Sheet: 8 15/16 x 5 7/8 inches (22.7 x 15 cm), Plate: 7 1/2 x 4 1/2 inches (19 x 11.4 cm), and Image: 4 15/16 x 3 3/8 inches (12.5 x 8.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, center: "Smith 1810 | 12/ | 25A"
Lettered, center under image: "J. Clarke Sculp.t"; lower center: "Rich,,d Cosway Esq.r | Published as the Act directs by John Clarke, No.291, Strand, June 1st, 1788"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cape | curls | feathers | gaze | hat | man | nobleman | portrait | posing | profile | ruff | vest
- Associated People:
- Cosway, Richard (bap. 1742, d. 1821), artist and collector
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by unknown artist, ( J. Clarke ), Richard Cosway, 1788
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.