- Stipple engraving and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured beige laid paper
- Sheet: 8 15/16 x 5 7/8 inches (22.7 x 15 cm), Plate: 7 1/2 x 4 1/2 inches (19 x 11.4 cm), and Image: 4 15/16 x 3 3/8 inches (12.5 x 8.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, center: "Smith 1810 | 12/ | 25A"
Lettered, center under image: "J. Clarke Sculp.t"; lower center: "Rich,,d Cosway Esq.r | Published as the Act directs by John Clarke, No.291, Strand, June 1st, 1788"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cape | curls | feathers | gaze | hat | man | nobleman | portrait | posing | profile | ruff | vest
- Associated People:
- Cosway, Richard (bap. 1742, d. 1821), artist and collector
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by unknown artist, ( J. Clarke ), Richard Cosway, 1788
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.