Cottage and Two Cows Being Milked
- Soft-ground etching with hand coloring on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/4 × 9 13/16 inches (15.8 × 25 cm) and Image: 4 5/8 × 8 1/4 inches (11.8 × 20.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "C. H."; in brown ink, lower right: "Published by J. Harris | Jun. 4th: 1805 [...] 30 Conduit St"; in graphite, on back, upper right: "T. GIRTIN list no. 175 (A)"; in purple ink, center: "GB | 6405"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- agriculture | animals | architectural subject | barn | corral | cottage | cows | farmers | genre subject | hay | house | landscape | livestock | man | milking | peasants | rural | thatched roof | woman
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print formerly attributed to Thomas Girtin, 1775–1802, British, Cottage and Two Cows Being Milked, 1805
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.