- Aquatint with etching, hand-colored on thick, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 11 5/8 x 17 3/8 inches (29.5 x 44.2 cm), Plate: 10 5/16 x 14 1/2 inches (26.2 x 36.8 cm), and Image: 6 1/4 x 9 1/2 inches (15.9 x 24.1 cm)
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by C. Cope."; lower center: "Published Dec.r.1st.1813 by M.r C. Cope. | CROFTON. | To the Misses Crompton, of Esholt Hall, | This Plate is most respectfully Dedicated by her Ob,,t Serv,,t | C. Cope."; lower right: "Engraved by R. & D. Havell."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | chimney | country house | cows | field | flock | garden | genre subject | herding | house | labor | manor house | park (grounds) | pasture | road | sheep | shepherd | shepherd's crook | smoke | street | sunshine | tower (building division) | trees | village | work
- Associated Places:
- Crofton | England | Europe | United Kingdom | Wakefield | Yorkshire
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.