Gebel Sheikh Eredi from Gau el Kebir
- Additional Title(s):
Gebel el-Sheikh el-Haridi from Qaw el-Kebir
- Watercolor, graphite, gouache, pen and brown ink and blue ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3 1/16 x 11 3/8 inches (7.8 x 28.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "G.S. Eredi. from Gau el Kebir. 7-8.AM. January 10. 1867."; inscribed in pen and brown ink, center: "1 pale gray lilac; [...] oo. [ misty?] w 4. more choc [...] oker | 2. Claude gray. 3. darker, but gray. 5. darker. 6. very dark."; inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "(111)"; Verso: inscribed in graphite, upper left: "27 up | Top"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | figures (representations) | landscape | marine art | river | river | sky | water
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Nile | Qaw el Kebir | Upper Egypt
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Gebel Sheikh Eredi from Gau el Kebir, 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.