Gebel Sheikh Eredi from Gau el Kebir
- Additional Title(s):
Gebel el-Sheikh el-Haridi from Qaw el-Kebir
- Watercolor, graphite, gouache, pen and brown ink and blue ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 3 1/16 x 11 3/8 inches (7.8 x 28.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "G.S. Eredi. from Gau el Kebir. 7-8.AM. January 10. 1867."; inscribed in pen and brown ink, center: "1 pale gray lilac; [...] oo. [ misty?] w 4. more choc [...] oker | 2. Claude gray. 3. darker, but gray. 5. darker. 6. very dark."; inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "(111)"; Verso: inscribed in graphite, upper left: "27 up | Top"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | figures (representations) | landscape | marine art | river | river | sky | water
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Nile | Qaw el Kebir | Upper Egypt
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Gebel Sheikh Eredi from Gau el Kebir, 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.