Gebel Sheikh Eredi, (Pigeon House of Er Raineh)
- Additional Title(s):
Gebel el-Sheikh el Haridi
- Watercolor, graphite, white gouache, pen and cochineal ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 3 1/16 x 8 9/16 inches (7.8 x 21.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink over graphite, lower left: "Gebel Skh Eredi. 10.Jany 1867. (Pigeon house of Er Raineh.1.15.PM."; inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "(116)"; Verso: inscribed in graphite, center: "27. up | Lowest"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cliffs | landscape | river | sky | water
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Nile | Upper Egypt
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Gebel Sheikh Eredi, (Pigeon House of Er Raineh), 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.