IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by William Finden, 1787–1852, British, Rhodes, 1833
- Part Of:
- Line engraving, 1st published state on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper, with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 11 11/16 × 17 inches (29.7 × 43.2 cm), Plate: 6 7/8 × 9 1/8 inches (17.5 × 23.2 cm), Chine collé: 6 5/8 × 8 7/8 inches (16.8 × 22.5 cm), Image: 3 3/8 × 5 3/16 inches (8.6 × 13.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.411"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "411 First Published State"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Rhodes"
Collector's mark: W. G. Rawlinson (Lugt 2624)
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner R.A."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by W. Finden."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | cityscape | marine art | sea | tower (building division)
- Associated Places:
- Aegean Sea | Dodecanese | Greece | Naillac Tower | Rhodes
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.