The Castle of St. Angelo
- Part Of:
- Line engraving, engraver's proof on thick, moderately textured, beige wove paper, with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 17 1/4 × 11 7/8 inches (43.8 × 30.2 cm), Plate: 9 1/4 × 7 inches (23.5 × 17.8 cm), Chine collé: 9 1/8 × 6 3/4 inches (23.2 × 17.1 cm), and Image: 3 × 3 1/2 inches (7.6 × 8.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.419"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Castle of St. Angelo"; inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Byron"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "1834 Ediiton"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner, R.A."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by E.Finden."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated Places:
- Castel Sant'Angelo | Italy | Lazio | Parco Adriano | Ponte Sant'Angelo | Rome | Saint Peter's Basilica | Tiber
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Edward Francis Finden, 1791–1857, British, The Castle of St. Angelo, 1834
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.