Château of Amboise
- Part Of:
- Line engraving, touched proof on thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 8 5/8 × 12 inches (21.9 × 30.5 cm), Plate: 5 15/16 × 8 7/8 inches (15.1 × 22.5 cm), and Image: 3 3/4 × 5 5/8 inches (9.5 × 14.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R | 438 (bc) (touched)"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.438 E.P. Between (b) and (c) touched. | Touched proof"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Chateau of Amboise"; inscribed in graphite, upper right: "316 | 2"
Collector's stamp, verso, lower right: "W.G. Rawlinson's Sale | 28,3,16 | A,W."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bridge | château | river
- Associated Places:
- Amboise | Centre | Château d'Amboise | Europe | France | Indre-et-Loire | Loire
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James Baylis Allen, 1803–1876, British, Château of Amboise, 1833
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.