Rietz near Saumur
- Additional Title(s):
Reze, near Saumur
- Part Of:
- Line engraving, engraver's proof (early) on medium, smooth, gray, wove paper
- Sheet (trimmed inside plate): 6 1/8 × 8 7/16 inches (15.6 × 21.4 cm) and Image: 3 1/2 × 5 3/8 inches (8.9 × 13.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.444 (Early)"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "13. Rietz 444. Early [ammended] E.P.: with oblique shadows on water"; inscribed in graphite, lower center: "[Sr. Theobald.]"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: 12"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape | river
- Associated Places:
- Europe | France | Loire | Loire-Atlantique | Pays de la Loire | Retz, Pays de | Rezé
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Brandard, 1805–1862, British, Rietz near Saumur, 1833
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.