- Near Ekhmim
- Watercolor, graphite, cochineal, pen and black ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 2 15/16 x 10 15/16 inches (7.5 x 27.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower left: " Near Ekmmm. 9.30.PM. 11.Jany. 1867."; inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "Pelican | Domes white"; inscribed in pen and black ink, lower right: "(124)"; Verso: inscribed in graphite, upper left: "29 up"; inscribed in graphite, center: "next below Top"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figures (representations) | landscape | mosques | mounds | river | sand | trees
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Akhmim | Nile | Upper Egypt
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Near Ekhmim, 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.