- Part Of:
- Line engraving, 3rd state on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 10 5/8 × 14 7/8 inches (27 × 37.8 cm), Plate: 9 3/8 × 12 1/8 inches (23.8 × 30.8 cm), and Image: 6 3/8 × 9 1/8 inches (16.2 × 23.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.255"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "Third state"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "England & Wales 47"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W.Turner R.A."; lettered, lower center: "Bedford | Bedforshire | London, Published 1831, for the Proprietor, by Moon, Boys & Graves, Pall Mall."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by J.T. Willmore | Printed by Mc Queen."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge | church | cityscape | river
- Associated Places:
- Bedford | Bedford Town Bridge | Bedfordshire | England | Great Ouse | St. Paul's Church | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James T. Willmore, 1800–1863, British, Bedford, Bedfordshire, 1831
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.