- Watercolor, graphite, chocineal, pen and black ink on thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 2 3/16 x 6 3/8 inches (5.6 x 16.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower left: "Jany 17. 5.45.PM. 1867. Negadeh; in black ink, lower right: "(193)"; inscribed on verso in graphite, center: "8 up. | Lowest right"; inscribed in graphite, upper right: "147"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | landscape | marine art | river | river | riverbank | sky | water
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Egypt | Naqâda | Nile
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Negadeh, 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.