Luxor, 7:30 am, 20 January 1867 (199)
- Watercolor with pen and brown ink over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, brown wove paper
- Sheet: 3 1/8 x 10 3/8 inches (7.9 x 26.4 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower left: "El Luxor 7.30. AM. 20 Jany 1867"; in brown ink, lower right: "(199)"; Verso: in graphite, upper left: "50. up."; in graphite, center: "next above lowest"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | camels (mammals) | figures (representations) | landscape | marine art | river | riverbank
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Egypt | Luxor | Thebes | Upper Egypt
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Luxor, 7:30 am, 20 January 1867 (199), 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.