Crossing the Brook
- between 1859 and 1861
- Etching and line engraving on thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 15 1/2 × 11 3/4 inches (39.4 × 29.8 cm) and Image: 10 1/2 × 8 5/8 inches (26.7 × 21.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R707"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "Turner W. Richardson"; lower center: "Crossing the Brook"
Collector's mark: "PRINTSELLERS LXB ASSOCIATION"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- genre subject | landscape (representation)
- Associated Places:
- Devon | England | Tamar | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Richardson, active 1842–1877, British, Crossing the Brook, between 1859 and 1861
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.