Sheikh El Wachshee, El Luxor
- Additional Title(s):
Sheikh el Waset el Luxor
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and brown ink on moderately thick, rought, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/16 x 9 1/8 inches (15.4 x 23.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Sheikh El. Wachshee. El Luxor. 4.PM. Jany 21. 1867. (No. 203 was a commencement , of a boat - Condemned."; inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "(204)"; Verso: inscribed in graphite, upper left: "52. up | Top"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- domes | figures (representations) | genre subject | landscape | palm trees | pottery | sky | structures (single built works)
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Luxor | Luxor | Thebes | Upper Egypt
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Sheikh El Wachshee, El Luxor, 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.