- Watercolor, graphite, white gouache, pen and brown ink on moderately thick, modertately textured, gray wove paper
- 2 3/4 x 13 5/8 inches (7 x 34.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "El Luxor. 6.PM. Jany 21. 1867"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "(206)"; inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "52. up"; inscribed in graphite, center: "next above lowest"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | figures (representations) | landscape | marine art | monument | river | river | riverbank | ruins | sails | sand | sky | temples | water
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Luxor | Nile | Thebes | Upper Egypt
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.