Karnak, 9:30 pm, 22 January 1867 (212)
- Watercolor with pen and black ink over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3 7/16 x 6 3/4 inches (8.7 x 17.1 cm)
inscribed in black ink, lower left: "9.30 PM"; in black ink, lower right: "Karnak. 22 Jany 1867 212"; Verso: in graphite, center: "Top | [scratched out words] | right"; in graphite, upper left: "54. ap"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- evening | landscape | moon | night | reflection | river | river | ruins | sky | temple | water
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Egypt | Karnak | Luxor | Nile
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Karnak, 9:30 pm, 22 January 1867 (212), 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.