Between Thebes and Erment
- Additional Title(s):
Between Thebes and Armant
- Watercolor, graphite, white gouache, cochineal, pen and brown ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, gray wove paper
- 2 5/8 x 7 3/4 inches (6.7 x 19.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Jany 23. 11.AM. 1867. between thebes a Erment."; inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "(216)"; Verso: inscribed in graphite, center: "54. up | Next above lowest"; inscribed in graphite, upper right: "156"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | landscape | marine art | river | river | riverbank | sail | sky | water
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Armant | Nile | Thebes | Upper Egypt
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.