Sir George Beaumont, Bart.
- Crayon manner and stipple engraving on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 15 1/4 x 13 1/8 inches (38.7 x 33.4 cm), Plate: 15 x 12 7/8 inches (38.1 x 32.7 cm), and Image: 7 1/2 x 7 inches (19 x 17.8 cm)
Inscribed in blue ink, on back, lower center: "artist | 1758-1827 | 148"; in graphite, on back, lower center: "33"; in blue chalk, on back, lower right: "148"; in graphite, on back, lower right: "4/- | 20 (underlined) | £2"
Lettered in black ink, lower center: "SIR GEORGE BEAUMONT, BART. | From an original Picture by J. HOPPNER, ESQ. R.A. in the Possession of the | Right Honble,, Lord Mulgrave. | Drawn by J. Wright, Engraved by J. S. Agar. | PUBLISHED JAN. 16. 1812, BY T. CADELL & W. DAVIES, STRAND, LONDON."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | bow (costume accessory) | coat | collar | cravat | jacket | lapels | man | neckerchief | portrait | waistcoat
- Associated People:
- Beaumont, Sir George Howland, seventh baronet (1753–1827), art patron and landscape painter
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Samuel Agar, ca. 1773–1858, British, Sir George Beaumont, Bart, 1812
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.