James Barry, Esq.
- after 1806
- Etching and stipple engraving on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 6 15/16 x 4 7/16 inches (17.7 x 11.2 cm) and Image: 5 1/4 x 4 3/8 inches (13.3 x 11.1 cm)
Lettered, lower center: "J. Heath sculp.t A.R.A. | JAMES BARRY ESQ.R late R.A. | & Professor of Painting to the Royal Academy. | From a Picture painted by himself about the Year 1783. | See page 57, of M,,r Barry's account of the series of Pictures at the Adelphi | printed by Adlard, London, the same year:"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | canvas | chisels: stone and masonry working equipment | coat | foot | monster | paintbrushes | painter | paintings | palette | pipes | portrait | posing | Royal Academy of Arts | sculptor | sculptures | shepherd's crook | stone | teacher | thoughtful | wig
- View by request in the Study Room
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James Heath, 1757–1834, British, James Barry, Esq, after 1806
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.