- James Barry, Esq.
- after 1806
- Etching and stipple engraving on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 6 15/16 x 4 7/16 inches (17.7 x 11.2 cm) and Image: 5 1/4 x 4 3/8 inches (13.3 x 11.1 cm)
Lettered, lower center: "J. Heath sculp.t A.R.A. | JAMES BARRY ESQ.R late R.A. | & Professor of Painting to the Royal Academy. | From a Picture painted by himself about the Year 1783. | See page 57, of M,,r Barry's account of the series of Pictures at the Adelphi | printed by Adlard, London, the same year:"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | canvas | chisels: stone and masonry working equipment | coat | foot | monster | paintbrushes | painter | paintings | palette | pipes | portrait | posing | Royal Academy of Arts | sculptor | sculptures | shepherd's crook | stone | teacher | thoughtful | wig
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James Heath, 1757–1834, British, James Barry, Esq, after 1806
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.