IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by James Heath, 1757–1834, British, James Barry, Esq, after 1806
James Barry, Esq.
- after 1806
- Etching and stipple engraving on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 6 15/16 × 4 7/16 inches (17.7 × 11.2 cm), Image: 5 1/4 × 4 3/8 inches (13.3 × 11.1 cm)
Lettered, lower center: "J. Heath sculp.t A.R.A. | JAMES BARRY ESQ.R late R.A. | & Professor of Painting to the Royal Academy. | From a Picture painted by himself about the Year 1783. | See page 57, of M,,r Barry's account of the series of Pictures at the Adelphi | printed by Adlard, London, the same year:"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | canvas | chisels: stone and masonry working equipment | coat | foot | monster | paintbrushes | painter | paintings | palette | pipes | portrait | posing | Royal Academy of Arts | sculptor | sculptures | shepherd's crook | stone | teacher | thoughtful | wig
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.