Thomas Banks, R.A.
- Soft-ground etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 16 3/8 x 10 9/16 inches (41.6 x 26.9 cm), Plate: 10 11/16 x 7 15/16 inches (27.2 x 20.2 cm), and Image: 10 11/16 x 7 15/16 inches (27.2 x 20.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "5/"
Lettered, lower left: "Geo Dance del Feby 1793."; lower center: "Thomas Banks R.A. | Published by Will,m Daniell No.9 Cleveland Street, Fitzroy Square, London, Sepr 15, 1809"; lower right: "W.m Daniell Fecit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | chair | collar | cravat | portrait | profile | ruffles | sculptor | solemn | wig
- Associated People:
- Banks, Thomas (1735–1805), sculptor
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Daniell, 1769–1837, British, Thomas Banks, R.A, 1809
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.