Thomas Banks, R.A.
- Soft-ground etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 16 3/8 x 10 9/16 inches (41.6 x 26.9 cm), Plate: 10 11/16 x 7 15/16 inches (27.2 x 20.2 cm), and Image: 10 11/16 x 7 15/16 inches (27.2 x 20.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "5/"
Lettered, lower left: "Geo Dance del Feby 1793."; lower center: "Thomas Banks R.A. | Published by Will,m Daniell No.9 Cleveland Street, Fitzroy Square, London, Sepr 15, 1809"; lower right: "W.m Daniell Fecit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | chair | collar | cravat | portrait | profile | ruffles | sculptor | solemn | wig
- Associated People:
- Banks, Thomas (1735–1805), sculptor
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Daniell, 1769–1837, British, Thomas Banks, R.A, 1809
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.