Richard Cosway, R.A.
- Soft-ground etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 19 3/8 x 12 7/8 inches (49.2 x 32.7 cm), Plate: 10 11/16 x 8 inches (27.2 x 20.3 cm), and Image: 10 11/16 x 8 inches (27.2 x 20.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on front, lower center: "Painter"; on back, gray ink, center: "182"; in graphite, lower right: "6/"
Lettered, lower left: "Geo. Dance April 6, 1793"; lower center: "Richard Cosway R.A. | Published by Will.m Daniell No.9 Cleveland Street, Fitzroy Square, London, June 1, 1811."; lower right: "W.m Daniell Fecit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | bust | collar | cravat | painter | portrait | posing | profile | wig
- Associated People:
- Cosway, Richard (bap. 1742, d. 1821), artist and collector
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Daniell, 1769–1837, British, Richard Cosway, R.A, 1811
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.