- Watercolor, graphite, pen and cochineal ink on medium, slightly textured, beige, wove paper, mounted on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 2 7/16 x 6 1/16 inches (6.2 x 15.4 cm)
Inscribed in pen and cochineal ink, lower left: "Edfoo. 5.45.PM. 25 Jany. 1867"; inscribed in pen and cochineal ink, lower right: "(230)"; Verso: inscribed in graphite, center: "163"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | landscape | river | river | sky | structure (single built work) | temple | water
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Edfu | Egypt | Nile
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Edfu, 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.