Sir Charles Eastlake, R. A.
- Line engraving and etching on thick, slightly textured, cream card with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 13 5/8 x 10 3/8 inches (34.6 x 26.3 cm), Plate: 11 7/8 x 9 3/16 inches (30.2 x 23.3 cm), Sheet (chine collé): 11 5/16 x 8 9/16 inches (28.8 x 21.7 cm), and Image: 8 9/16 x 6 15/16 inches (21.8 x 17.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Sir Chls. Eastlake. RA"; on back, lower right: "7/6"
Lettered in black ink, on chine collé, lower left: "Painted by J. P. Knight R. A."; on chine collé, lower right: "Engd by G. T. Histl Engr in Ordy to the Queen Sc. 1873."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | books | bow tie | chain | coat | costume | drapery | interior | man | pendant (jewelry) | pocket watch | portrait | waistcoat
- Associated People:
- Eastlake, Sir Charles Lock (1793–1865), painter and art administrator
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by George T Doo, 1800–1886, British, Sir Charles Eastlake, R. A, 1873
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.