Henry Fuseli, Esq.
- Stipple engraving and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 18 1/4 x 12 11/16 inches (46.4 x 32.3 cm), 11 7/16 x 8 3/16 inches (29 x 20.8 cm), and 7 5/16 x 5 11/16 inches (18.5 x 14.4 cm)
Inscribed in blue ink, on back, lower left: "D64"; on back, lower center: "Painter 1741-1825"; in graphite, on back, lower center: "57"; on back, lower right: "6/6 | 25"; in blue ink, on back, lower right: "D64"
Lettered in black ink, lower center: "Engraved by Evans from a Miniature Picture Painted by Moses Haughton | H. FUSELI ESQR. R. A. | Publish'd as the Act directs March 1, 1808, by Moses Haughton, Royal Academy, Somerset House."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- chair | coat | cravat | man | portrait
- Associated People:
- Fuseli, Henry (1741–1825), painter and writer
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.