Henry Fuseli, Esq.
- Stipple engraving and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 18 1/4 x 12 11/16 inches (46.4 x 32.3 cm), Plate: 11 7/16 x 8 3/16 inches (29 x 20.8 cm), and Image: 7 5/16 x 5 11/16 inches (18.5 x 14.4 cm)
Inscribed in blue ink, on back, lower left: "D64"; on back, lower center: "Painter 1741-1825"; in graphite, on back, lower center: "57"; on back, lower right: "6/6 | 25"; in blue ink, on back, lower right: "D64"
Lettered in black ink, lower center: "Engraved by Evans from a Miniature Picture Painted by Moses Haughton | H. FUSELI ESQR. R. A. | Publish'd as the Act directs March 1, 1808, by Moses Haughton, Royal Academy, Somerset House."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- chair | coat | cravat | man | portrait
- Associated People:
- Fuseli, Henry (1741–1825), painter and writer
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.