Gebel Es Silsilis
- Additional Title(s):
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and black ink on thick, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 2 5/8 x 10 13/16 inches (6.7 x 27.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "2.20.PM. Jany 26. 1867. Gebel Es silsilis."; inscribed in pen and black ink, lower right: "(235)"; Verso: inscribed in graphite, center: "58 up | Lowest"; inscribed in graphite, center left: "166"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cliffs | landscape | river | riverbank | rocks (landforms) | ruins | sky | structures (single built works) | temples | water
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Egypt | Nile | Silsilah, Jabal as (hill)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.