- Soft-ground etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 17 11/16 x 11 1/8 inches (45 x 28.2 cm), Plate: 10 15/16 x 8 1/16 inches (27.8 x 20.4 cm), and Image: 10 15/16 x 8 1/16 inches (27.8 x 20.4 cm)
inscribed in graphite, on back, center: "D (circled)"; lower left: "113 (circled)"; lower right: "5/- | 25a | 25A"
Lettered, lower left: "Geo. dance del. Aug.st 28th 1798."; lower center: "Thomas Girtin. | Published by Will.m Daniell No.9 Cleveland Street, Fitzroy Square, London, April 2, 1814"; lower right: "W.m Daniell Fecit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | collar | cravat | draughtsman (artist) | painter | portrait | posing | profile | solemn | watercolorist
- Associated People:
- Girtin, Thomas (1775–1802), watercolor painter
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Daniell, 1769–1837, British, Thomas Girtin, 1814
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.