- Soft-ground etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 17 11/16 x 11 1/8 inches (45 x 28.2 cm), 10 15/16 x 8 1/16 inches (27.8 x 20.4 cm), and 10 15/16 x 8 1/16 inches (27.8 x 20.4 cm)
inscribed in graphite, on back, center: "D (circled)"; lower left: "113 (circled)"; lower right: "5/- | 25a | 25A"
Lettered, lower left: "Geo. dance del. Aug.st 28th 1798."; lower center: "Thomas Girtin. | Published by Will.m Daniell No.9 Cleveland Street, Fitzroy Square, London, April 2, 1814"; lower right: "W.m Daniell Fecit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | collar | cravat | draughtsman (artist) | painter | portrait | posing | profile | solemn | watercolorist
- Associated People:
- Girtin, Thomas (1775–1802), watercolor painter
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Daniell, 1769–1837, British, Thomas Girtin, 1814
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.