- Near Aswan
- Watercolor, graphite, gouache, pen and black ink on thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 2 1/8 x 11 5/16 inches (5.4 x 28.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower left: "near Aswan. 9.15. Jany 27. 1867. [sont?] trees full & green. hill all pale [cad?]. smooth sand."; inscribed in pen and black ink, lower right: "(239)"; Verso: inscribed in graphite, center: "59. up"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, over graphite, center: "next above"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | hills | landscape | palm trees | river | riverbank | sky
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Aswan | Egypt | Nile
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Near Aswan, 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.