IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by William Daniell, 1769–1837, British, Thomas Hardwick, between 1802 and 1814
- between 1802 and 1814
- Soft-ground etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 12 11/16 x 9 11/16 inches (32.3 x 24.6 cm), Plate: 10 3/4 x 8 inches (27.3 x 20.3 cm), Image: 10 3/4 x 8 inches (27.3 x 20.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, center: "[...]"; in blue pencil, lower left: "440"; in blue pen, lower center: "Architect 1752-1829"; lower right: "440"
Lettered, lower left: "Geo Dance del."; lower center: "Thomas Hardwick."; lower right: "W.m Daniell Fecit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architect | artist | chair | collar | portrait | posing | profile | wig
- Associated People:
- Hardwick, Thomas (1752–1829), architect
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.