IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Shelaal, 1867
- Additional Title(s):
- Watercolor, graphite, gouache, pen and brown ink on thick, moderately textured, blue wove paper
- Sheet: 3 13/16 x 4 7/8 inches (9.7 x 12.4 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Shelaal | 29. Jany | 1867."; inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "(268)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | figures (representations) | genre subject | marine art | studies (visual works)
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Egypt | Nile | Nubia
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.