- Lithograph on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper with gray chine collé
- Sheet: 20 7/8 x 14 13/16 inches (53 x 37.6 cm) and Image (oval; chine collé): 13 3/4 x 11 inches (35 x 28 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, within image, lower center: "D. Maclise"; on back, lower right: "[...] | 15/- (semi-circle above "15/-")"
embossed stamp, lower left, within oval: "E. GAMBART & CO. | LONDON"
Lettered in black ink, lower center: "Published Octr. 15th. 1857, by E. Gambart & Co. 25, Berners St, Oxford St, London; & 8, Rue de Bruxelles, Paris. | & P & D. Colnaghi & Co. 13 & 14, Pall Mall East, London. | M & N . HANHART, LITH IMPT."
signed and dated on stone, lower left: "Baugniet 1857. | London"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | cravat | man | oval | painter | portrait
- Associated People:
- Maclise, Daniel (bap. 1806, d. 1870), painter
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Charles Baugniet, 1814–1886, Belgian, Daniel Maclise, 1857
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.