- Lithograph on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper with gray chine collé
- Sheet: 20 7/8 x 14 13/16 inches (53 x 37.6 cm) and Image: 13 3/4 x 11 inches (35 x 28 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, within image, lower center: "D. Maclise"; on back, lower right: "[...] | 15/- (semi-circle above "15/-")"
embossed stamp, lower left, within oval: "E. GAMBART & CO. | LONDON"
Lettered in black ink, lower center: "Published Octr. 15th. 1857, by E. Gambart & Co. 25, Berners St, Oxford St, London; & 8, Rue de Bruxelles, Paris. | & P & D. Colnaghi & Co. 13 & 14, Pall Mall East, London. | M & N . HANHART, LITH IMPT."
Signed and dated on stone, lower left: "Baugniet 1857. | London"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | cravat | man | oval | painter | portrait
- Associated People:
- Maclise, Daniel (bap. 1806, d. 1870), painter
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Charles Baugniet, 1814–1886, Belgian, Daniel Maclise, 1857
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.