- Ticket for the Brandenbourg House Masquerade
- ca. 1797
- Etching and line engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 7/8 x 6 3/8 inches (12.4 x 16.2 cm), Plate: 4 1/4 x 6 inches (10.8 x 15.2 cm), and Image: 2 3/8 x 3 1/4 inches (6 x 8.3 cm)
Inscribed on back in graphite lower center: "2165-7 | 2165-7"
Lettered upper center: "BRANDENBOURG HOUSE MASQUERADE. | Monday the 24th of February at Eleven o'Clock."; lower center: "E,F,Burney del. | FBartolozzi Sculpt. | MISCUIT UTILE DULCI | Nobody admitted without Masks, or with Black Dominos. | Each Ticket will admit a Lady and Gentleman coming together."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Ticket for the Brandenbourg House Masquerade, ca. 1797
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.