Near Tapha, 9:45 am, 31 January 1867 (287)
- Additional Title(s):
- Watercolor with pen and brown ink and gouache over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 2 5/8 x 10 5/8 inches (6.7 x 27 cm)
inscribed in brown ink, lower left: "9.45. AM. 31 Jany 1867. near Tapha."; in brown ink, lower right: "287"; Verso: in graphite, upper left: "77 up | Top"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape | river | river | rocks (landforms) | water
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Egypt | Nile | Nubia | Nubia
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Near Tapha, 9:45 am, 31 January 1867 (287), 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.