Ticket: For the Benefit of Mr. Salpietro
- Additional Title(s):
Ticket: For the Benefit of Mr. Sal Pietro
- Stipple engraving and etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 3/4 x 6 1/4 inches (14.6 x 15.8 cm), Plate: 5 1/2 x 5 15/16 inches (14 x 15.1 cm), and Image: 4 3/16 x 4 13/16 inches (10.6 x 12.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower center: "a Salpietro ticket | 2/22"; on back, lower right: "Proof JW (initials in monogram) | (IR31/1941b)"
Lettered in black ink, lower left, beneath image, under grass: "F. Vieira Portuensis inv."; lower center, beneath image, under grass: "F. Bartolozzi Sculp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- banner | boy | branches | child | clouds | event | fire | historical subject | man | music | musician | mythology | putto | ruins | torch | trumpet | violinist | wall | wings
- Associated People:
- Salpietro, Giovanni (active 1782-1799), violinist
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Ticket: For the Benefit of Mr. Salpietro, 1799
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.