Ticket: For the Benefit of Mr. Salpietro
- Additional Title(s):
Ticket: For the Benefit of Mr. Sal Pietro
- Stipple engraving and etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 3/4 x 6 1/4 inches (14.6 x 15.8 cm), Plate: 5 1/2 x 5 15/16 inches (14 x 15.1 cm), and Image: 4 3/16 x 4 13/16 inches (10.6 x 12.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower center: "a Salpietro ticket | 2/22"; on back, lower right: "Proof JW (initials in monogram) | (IR31/1941b)"
Lettered in black ink, lower left, beneath image, under grass: "F. Vieira Portuensis inv."; lower center, beneath image, under grass: "F. Bartolozzi Sculp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- banner | boy | branches | child | clouds | event | fire | historical subject | man | music | musician | mythology | putto | ruins | torch | trumpet | violinist | wall | wings
- Associated People:
- Salpietro, Giovanni (active 1782-1799), violinist
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Ticket: For the Benefit of Mr. Salpietro, 1799
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.