- Ticket for the Benefit of Mr. Giardini
- Etching and line engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 5 7/8 x 5 5/8 inches (14.9 x 14.3 cm), Plate: 5 3/8 x 5 1/8 inches (13.7 x 13 cm), and Image: 4 5/8 x 4 5/8 inches (11.7 x 11.7 cm)
Inscribed on back in graphite center: "Apollo crowned by Mercury | 1408-2188 | Mercury presenting a lyre to | Apollo, whom a muse is crowning | C1919 I/III"
Collector's mark: "FG"
Lettered lower center inside image: "BENEFIT OF | MR.GIARDINI"; lower left: "G.B.Cipriani inv."; lower right: "F.Bartolozzi Sculp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Ticket for the Benefit of Mr. Giardini, 1763
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.