Ticket to Concert of Ancient Vocal and Instrumental Music
- Former Title(s):
Renascentur quæ jam cecidere
- Additional Title(s):
CONCERT OF ANCIENT VOCAL AND INSTRUMENTAL MUSIC. Renascentur quce jam cecidere.
- Line engraving with etching on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 3/8 x 9 1/8 inches (18.7 x 23.2 cm), Plate: 5 3/4 x 7 3/8 inches (14.6 x 18.7 cm), and Image: 4 3/4 x 5 3/4 inches (12.1 x 14.6 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, on back, upper center: "No. 40 | Dean of Exeter"; in graphite, lower right: "2138"
Lettered, in black ink, center: "CONCERT | OF | ANCIENT VOCAL | AND | INSTRUMENTAL | MUSIC."; lower center: "Renascentur quae jam cecidere."; lower left: "N. Dance inv."; lower right: "F Bartolozzi"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- books | bow (chordophone component) | cello | concert | dresses | flutes | frame (furnishing) | garlands | genre subject | harp | hills | horns | monument | music | trees | violins | women
- Associated Places:
- Devon | England | Exeter | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Ticket to Concert of Ancient Vocal and Instrumental Music, 1786
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.