Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Gainsborough, undated
- Stipple engraving in black ink on moderately thick, moderatetly textured, cream laid paper
- 12 1/2 x 9 13/16 inches (31.8 x 25 cm), 10 3/8 x 8 5/16 inches (26.4 x 21.1 cm), and 8 1/8 x 6 13/16 inches (20.7 x 17.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "Juer 1792"; lower right: "10/6 | (IR31/816b)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | buttons | coat | collar | oval | portrait
- Associated People:
- Gainsborough, Thomas (1727–1788), painter and printmaker
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.