- Materials & Techniques:
- Stipple engraving and etching on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 15 3/16 x 11 7/16 inches (38.5 x 29 cm), Plate: 9 13/16 x 7 7/8 inches (25 x 20 cm), Image: 7 3/4 x 6 7/16 inches (19.7 x 16.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on front, lower center: "gainsborough"; lower right: "Bartolozzi sculps"; inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "Juer 1792 687 | T4"
Marked on back, center left: "(transfer of light brown ink from another print, reverse of image as on front)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | buttons | coat | cravat | engraving | man | oval | portrait | ribbons | scarf | stripes
- Associated People:
- Gainsborough, Thomas (1727–1788), painter and printmaker
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Gainsborough, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.