- Additional Title(s):
John Dunning, 1st Baron Ashburton
Dunning Lord Ashburton
- Mezzotint and etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet (cropped to plate): 10 7/8 x 8 3/4 inches (27.7 x 22.2 cm) and Image (oval): 7 7/8 x 6 5/8 inches (20 x 16.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "S_- J. Reynolds pixt."; on back, lower center: "Dunning Lord ashburton"; on back, lower right: "(IR31/802b) | 34 | 1778 Juer | Bartolozzi | [u-shaped mark] | 15"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baron | barrister | coat | costume | lawyer | magistrate | man | oval | politician | portrait | wig
- Associated People:
- Dunning, John, first Baron Ashburton (1731–1783), barrister and politician
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), John Dunning, 1787
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.